선교 뉴스 레터 2015 년
MARCH: NEWS LETTER
Dear friends. Bible said : Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck. (Proverbs 1,8-9)
The deaths of my parents, my father 11 November 2014, and my mother 23 January 2015, are the events that affected me the most. I thank wholeheartedly, all the people who encouraged me and comforted me by your prayers. God answers prayers. He knows
so much pain, suffering and sorrow that He knows how to support us in those difficult time.
My father was a person who was speaking through these acts. I do not remember having had many conversations with him, but I know that I loved being with him. I spent many moments with him fishing, during summer vacation, and playing board games over the weekend. He worked hard, he left at 8:00 am and returned in the evening between 18:00 and 20:00. He has sacrificed much of his time to our family lacks nothing. Holidays, Saint Nicolas, Christmas and Easter were fantastic. In my memory, it was a wonderful time. My mother was a very communicative person and needed social contact. She was very involved in a neighborhood association to help the poor. If I had to define my parents after a character in the Bible, I see them as well, the father of the prodigal son. For our family, my father and my mother were parents who showed a lot of love, patience, perseverance and fidelity. I have learned and received from each of them in different ways.
From October 2014 until today, I spent a lot of time with my parents in Belgium. And after the death of my mother, I took care of the estate of all the paperwork and empty the apartment. I have not been helped by my car because it broke down in mid-January and was repaired only this week, monday, March 16. Friends were kind enough to lend me a car occasionally as needed, a big thank you to them.
Our Youth For Christ Romania team grows month after month.
– At the end of 2014, we have devoted time to organize the work with young volunteers. We found Bogdana, a 18 year old girl and a boy, Adi, 21 year old, to accompany the roughly 50 volunteers who help us on a regular basis in our various activities. They belong in the same church as me. I know for many years and they are very motivated.
What encourages us a lot is that every year more and more young teens, 13 to 15, asking for help us. Accompany, support, train and provide opportunities for young people to live and share the gospel with others youth are priorities.
– In recent months, we have integrated a young couple in our team, Sorin and Mihaela. I know them for 6 years and I started with them a small music festival in Bratasanca, 100 km from the capital Bucharest. We aim to find € 400 a month for them to work with us full time. They have a huge heart for sharing the Gospel and they are incredible perseverance. So our team now consists of 8 people involved in 4 distinct areas in Romania.
– The formation of a new Board of Directors of our association is on track. 3 out of 7 will leave us but 4 new people are interested in joining our association.
– March 27 : Staff meeting.
– March 28 : General Assembly of our YFC Romania
– To get back the motivation and passion.
– To manage administrative procedures and succession.
– For my good relationship with my sister, my two brothers and the rest of the family and relatives. I can have a good testimony.
– To find more prayer and financial supporters, I could find other peoples and churches who have the desire to support me.
A big thank you to all of you who accompanied me in the ministry and that together we can help ensure that the Kingdom of God, his love, is known and experienced by the largest number of people.
Your friend and brother, Myung Soo
JUNE: NEWS LETTER
Dear Friends, I still want to thank you for your prayers and support during the period of my parents’ death. The time decreases the intensity of sorrow but does not diminish the emptiness of their disappearance. The more we love a person over the void is large.
These last two weeks I read in the Bible, the end of the Exodus and the beginnings of Leviticus. The main topics are “The Construction of the Tabernacle” and “thanksgiving sacrifices.”
It is extraordinary to read all details that God sends for the construction of the Tabernacle. And also to see the wide variety of thanksgiving offerings. What I learned from these readings is that these two verses come back often:
– Thanksgiving unto the LORD … ..
– It is an offering of a sweet savor unto the Lord ….
It is true that Jesus was The sacrifice of thanksgiving on the cross and that we no longer have to sacrifice for our sins. But I asked myself, could I do something to make God happy ? This text of the Bible in Romans 12,1-2 « I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleased to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. »
Yes, God is pleased to see these children think, choose and act as He teaches us in the Bible and whose life of Jesus is the perfect example. Are my thoughts, my choices and actions are pleasing offerings to the LORD? Unfortunately not always. But the more I understand, realize and sees the love of God, the more I love Him. And his love motivates me to refine increasingly all the good sentiments and to clear my increasingly bad sentiments. As in the constructions in the details of the Tabernacle, God asks us to refine the quality, in detail, our sentiments so that we are a temple of the Holy Spirit whom lives in us. There are anymore Tabernacle but we are temples of the Holy Spirit “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body « This temple is made from good sentiments that characterizes God’s love, patience, truth, peace, patience, kindness, humility, forgiveness, optimism, wisdom, etc … All day, God gives us the opportunity to clean up all of our temples, refine each of these good sentiments. And also dust, disinfect bad sentiments that Satan whispers in our thoughts as: lies, hatred, indifference, gossip, selfishness, impatience, desires to the extreme, and many others. How is our Tabernacle, our temple of the Holy Spirit?
I returned to Romania on March 25 and have not resumed by step activities. During the months of April and May, the majority of my time was spent on visiting our YFC staff peoples in 6 different regions of Romania. We also had our General Assembly of YFC Romania. Meetings of our Staffe YFC Romania. And we went one week in Moldova Republic to visit and learn how works days centers for disadvantaged youth, set up by YFC Moldova in over 30 villages of Moldova. We try to see if we can copy, partly, in Romania.
Calendar and Prayer Topic
05: Concert Music for a disabled person association in Arad,
08-25: Renovation of youth meeting room of YFC Romania, in Arad,
26: Meeting of Romania YFC Board of Directors,
From 28 June to 12 July, I will be in Belgium for 3 reasons. The first reason is to help a 5 days evangelistic campaign at in Liege, Belgium. The second reason is to finish the proceedings concerning the succession after the death of my parents. And the third reason is to bring a YFC French youth team in Romania for a week of evangelism.
01-05: Evangelism by YFC in Liege, Belgium,
15-19: Day Camp and evangelization in Calafat, with 15 youth YFC France.
24-28: Day Camp and evangelism to church with my Ghioroc Arad,
03-09: Day Camp and evangelization, and a music festival in Bratasanca,
13-16: Day Camp and evangelization in Alexandria,
18-22: Sports Camp and evangelization for young Gypsies to Prod,
31-06: Day Camp and evangelization in Arad
09-11: Festival of Music and evangelistic Augustine
18-20: Day Camp and evangelization Ghioroc,
23-29: In Belgium, meeting with the family,
23-25: Camp for YFC volunteers Romania
A big thank you for your cooperation, your help and support. My prayer is that the Holy Spirit who lives in you can truly rejoice in the temple as you build into detail day after day.
Your partner, friend and brother in the great family of God, Myung Soo
NOVEMBER: NEWS LETTER
Buna Ziua and Pacea Domnului (hello and I wish you the peace of God). All together, they live the Gospel … with gladness and simplicity of heart …. they are appreciated and loved by those around them … And everyday people are transformed by Jesus’ teaching.
JOY AND SIMPLICITY. It’s look easy … and yet … why we do not see every day new people who choose to live the Gospel? Is the Gospel message is too complicated? Is it too hard trying to love as Jesus loves us? We believe that we did not need a God who wants to give us an eternal life of joy? Part of the answer is in the way we live the Gospel … with gladness and simplicity of heart. We made the Gospel complicated and can the Gospel be attractive to our contemporaries. The Gospel is and remains Great, but too often we are afraid to show that we are Christians and even to share it verbally in our discussing with colleagues at work or with people from neighborhoods. Being Christians aspire to have the character of Jesus, is a personality that we should be happy to show others. It is not out of date rather people seeking joy, simplicity and the real thing. Live eternity with joy … this is the Dream! A paradox is that many people want to live longer when approaching the unfortunate event of death. Scientists and medicine are trying to make peoples living longer and in better conditions. God offers us a very long life, an eternity in joy and with Him. Why many people reject it? We should give to the people around us, the desire, the curiosity, and the joy of being Christian. Christians are defined in the Bible as the light and salt … that our evangelical characters are nice to be seen and that our words are tasty for our neighbors. Live the Gospel with joy and simplicity of heart. Is my life is having favor to the people who live around me? And I finish with this verse: That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete 1 John 1: 1-4
During the month of July, August and September, I participated in four days-camp (every afternoon, five hours of activities), at a camp for gypsy and I coach the Romanian National Team of Basketball Wheelchair in a international tournament in Bulgaria.
– July 1-12. The first day-camp, Belgium, as part of « Shake your city » Liège, organized by YFC and in collaboration with local churches. I animated during 5 days, sports activities in the park from the city center of Liege. We have had dozens of discussions with young people between 15 and 25 years.
– July 13-26. The second day-camp in Calafat, with the help of 15 young French and 14 Romanians volunteers. For one week, between 55 and 60 teenagers participated in sports activities and Bible. A first result is that since September, 6 new teens participate in group of teenagers every week in the local church of Calafat.
– August 03-09. The third day-camp Bratasanca, between 65 and 70 teens and young, participated in sports and Biblical activities for 5 days. During the weekend we organized a music festival, with 8 romanian bands. On Saturday 300 and Sunday 400 people attended the concerts.
– August 18-22. We organized a Prod a sports camp for 30 teenagers and young Romanian gypsies. For most of them this was the only vacation they have.
– September 31-06. The fourth day-camp in Arad, with the help of 28 young Romanian volunteers. Between 70-80 teenagers and young people participated in the activities. Between sports activities, these teens and young people were able to listen and speak on the great themes of the gospel in a small group.
– September 09-13. I went to Bulgaria with Romania’s national wheelchairs basketball team. Players have asked me to lead them and coach them. They played against two teams from Bulgaria, Turkey team and the team of Bosnia. The Romanian team finished third. For over 8 years, we have become friends. Thank you for your prayers for them.
– September 21-27. I was in Belgium for the large family gathering. Every 2-3 years our family (uncles, cousins, nephews, etc.) gather for a big barbecue on Sunday. This is a great opportunity to discuss with family members. I took advantage to take a Romanian family with me. They are great friends for many years.
– October 30-03. Retreat with the team YFC Romania, with the help of 3 people from YFC Canada. For 2 years, JPC Canada helps us structure and develop JPC Romania. The four days were a great sets blessing. We were able to outline for 5 years.
– October 12-17. I went to visite some Romania teammates of YFC Romania personally to further discuss the development of JPC Romania (Targu Mures, Odorhei, Hateg)
Calendar and Prayer Topic
30-31: Conference for church leaders in Oradea, GLS, Global Leadership Summit.
05-06: I participate in the organization of the Conference in Cluj about children adoptions in Romania.
13-14: Conference for church leaders in Cluj, GLS, Global Leadership Summit.
20-21: Conference for church leaders to Hateg, GLS, Global Leadership Summit.
24-25: Meeting of JPC Romania Board
04-05: Conference for church leaders in Timisoara, GLS, Global Leadership Summit.
Thank you for your patience to read my news. In recent days, for one week, my health was not good. I had as a start gripe, fever, inflamed my throat and a lot of sweating. But today I am a little better and I take doc to write you my news. Another big thank you for your support and prayers. Being a missionary is a collaborative mission … with you. May the blessings of God can accompany you every day. Live with joy and simplicity of heart with God and our neighbors.
Your friend, Myung Soo