Forgive me again for the delay of this newsletter. More the years are passing and more those years pass too quickly. 2 weeks ago, I had 48 years .... I’m approaching rapidly 50. Some peoples told me that the decade between 50 and 60 years was very nice . Is this truth for you ? My opinions and experiences of previous decades is that each decade could be marvellous when God is our closest friend and confidant.
In recent months, the words of the Bible that have been useful in my everyday life are those : “If a brother or a sister is without clothing and in need of the day's food, and one of you says to them, go in peace, be warm and full of food; but you do not give them the things of which their bodies have need, what profit is there in this? Even so faith without works is dead. But a man may say, you have faith and I have works; let me see your faith without your works, and I will make my faith clear to you by my works. The Bible in Iacobs 2:15-18 )
I am very involved in the village of Dumbrava. This village is 80 % of Gypsy families. I take care of teenagers and young people between 14 and 23 years. The majority of these young people are already parents before the age of 16, with 1 or even 2 children. When I see the conditions in which they are living, I realize just tell them the good news of the gospel is not enough. Because they are living in bad material conditions, with a very poor educational level and with several bad Gipsy habit. I challenged myself to help them for the next 10 years to help those young teenagers as well their families. I would like to share the Gospel not only by telling words, not only telling some rules but by sharing God’s words from the Bible, sharing my time and sharing materials good’s that God is giving me through all of your financial support. What is the living Gospel for you?.
- MY PERSONAL NEWS :
1) MY HEALTH
In January and February 2014, I had several health problems. On February 5, the day of my birthday, I was so sick that I stay all day on bed. During the winter time, my health remains fragile, especially my stomach, my liver and my throat. But today I'm feeling better. I recovered better health.
2) SPECIAL EVENTS ,
In October 2013, I went to Switzerland , Belgium and France with a Romania couple, the parents Rad. The purpose of these trips was to meet people and churches to share the work we do in the gipsy village at Dumbrava. We met several people and churches leader Unfortunately, I had several big problem with the engine of my car, which has 345,000 km. My car stay 2 weeks at the garage for to be fixed. A big thank you several peoples in Belgium and in France who helped me a lot financially to pay the cost to repairs of my car.
In November 2013, I moved into a new apartment in Arad. It belongs to a friend of my church. It is well renovated. I have to get used to live there because this apartment is much more smaller (35 m2). I don’t think I will stay long because neighbours are very noisy.
- MISSIONARIES NEWS :
Since the second half of 2013, I have 3 great responsibility. I am the president of the Association Yout For Christ Romania (YFC Ro), I am the president of the association who works in the village of Gypsy at Dumbrava village and I am the leader of Mission department in my church. Those are important responsibilities, but with God's help, I am very happy to work with different teams in different contexts.
A summary of mission activities since October 2013.
October 2013 :
- From 4 to 28 , with the Romanian parents Rad, we went to Switzerland, France and Belgium, to share the missionary work in the village of Gypsy at Dumbrava . We met people interested in the project.
November 2013 :- From 1 to 3 , from 7 to 10 , 14 to 17 and from 21 to 24 , I helped to organize conferences ( GLS, Global Leadership Sumit ) for church leaders in 4 major cities of Romania, Oradea, Bucharest, Craiova Deva, with participation from 100 to 280 church leaders .
- From November 29 to December 1, we organized a camp for the most involved Volunteers in our YFC Romania. We were 23 people in a chalet in the mountains of Romania. Young volunteers really enjoyed to be all together.
- From 5 to 8 , we organize the final GLS conference in Timisoara, with 190 participants.
- the 9, I helped technically Christian choral University of Timisoara to organize their Christmas concert. More than 350 students were present.
- From 16 to 25, I was in Belgium to spend Christmas with my family in Belgium. I was happy to see the whole entire family.
- From 26 to 2 january, with some French Christians, we organized a special week of activities in three villages in southern of Romania. We shareed the Gospel, we
- From 1 to 15, I took a vacation. I rested a lot .
- the 18 we started our first meeting of young people in the Gypsy village Dumbrava. 48 young people came. The church hall was too small because the energy of all these young people was overwhelming. We spent together 2h30 to play, to laugh, to share, but also to learn good teaching from the Bible. The majority of those teenagers are parents ... they have an average of 15-18 years. One of our goals is to help them in their adult responsibility ... has parent and to help them in education of their children.
- From 19 to 25, with some leaders from YFC Romania, we went to a conference organized by YFC Europe in Czech Republic. The purpose of this conference was to teach and equip national leaders of our mission YFC.
- From 26 to 30, we organize a Team Building Camp for our 7 national leaders in YFC Romania. We put the foundation on how to work all together in YFC Romania.February 2014
- the 1 and the 15, we had our youth meetings in the village of Gypsy. 27 and then 28 youth participated in our programs. We have 3 leaders and volunteers from two churches. We see that these meetings are really important for these teenagers and they are very involved during the program. At the end of the meeting, we have a talking in a small group. In these groups, young people share their problems, desires and concerns.
- 7 to 8, I went to the south of Romania, in the small city of Bailesti. I went there to help a friend, Cornelia, she will move in this small town next month as YFC Romania Missionary. She is working as an financial accountant and handles many administrative part of our association, she is very talented. But her heart is to work more with young people. She has talent for teaching. So she will be involved with Gipsy teenager on their education.
For several months, I form the missionary team in my local church. In February, I formed this team with 4 young Romania couples. Our church leaders accepted our team and what we want to do. We will beginning to send mission groups in March. The first mission team weekend will go to the village Dumbrava during the last weekend of March.
Thank you for your prayers for all those different activities. Pray for my health because it is a bit fragile at this time. I’m working with different teams and therefore different characters. Pray that I could be a good leader who leads and helps with words and attitude full of God’s wisdom.
Thank you to all of you who continue to support me financially and in prayer. I praise God that through your help and your support, we can help to numerous people to live the Gospel, to help them to has grow up in better material condition and also to has grow up with the wish to have better social education. There are still many wonderful things we can do together. Persevere because God gives us many opportunities to show and share his love. God’s blessings we get day after day are not exhausted as we can read in the Bible.
Your friend and brother, Myung Soo
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. - Jeremiah 29.11